Monday, September 9, 2013

Off my rocker

So here's the deal. Everyone WANTS this event to happen, verbally. Everyone is excited for it. Just like ANY show that happens that people are anxious for, there's awesome hype. People talk about it. People get other people interested. And I fucking love that. This is how GREAT things happen in our town, and how great things like this get repeated. Do you know what the secret to Lollapalooza, Groezrock, Riot Fest, The Fest(FL), KROQ BBQ, Vegas Punk Rock Bowling, and all the other super awesome fests that Phx is NEVER a part of? TICKET SALES. People actually BUY tickets to go, before the day of the event. Yes. I know it's a CRAZY concept, but people actually buy tickets before they go to an event. They plan to go ahead of time. It's a concept that people in Phx just haven't grasped. 

To answer the most obvious question, "WHY DOESN'T ANYTHING COOL EVER HAPPEN HERE??????"

Because YOU have to be a part of it. The silliest thing in the world is to want something, and then when it's presented to you, avoid it completely, but yet still complain that you can't get it. Seriously. If you don't get yourself involved, how you can expect everyone else to pick up the slack?

Am I putting this event on for me? No.

Am I putting on this event because I'm bored? No.


Am I putting on this event because I just feel like being a big shot? No. 

Am I putting on this event because I want to get rich? NOPE.

I'm putting on this event because YOU (the ppl of Phx) said you wanted it to happen. I'm doing this for YOU. Not for me.

What happens when enough bands book shows here that no one buys tickets to? They stop coming here. Bottom line. Case in point? Banner Pilot. Fabulous punk rock band, with a TON of talent,  from Minnesota that was here last week. Did you go? No? Well, don't expect them to come back. 25 people bought tickets for this major label band. 25. At $10 a pop, that's $250, which doesn't even really cover their costs of even stopping here. Anyone that has toured knows what I am talking about.

This post might seem angry or whatever, but really,  I DO want this to be successful for YOU - for Phoenix - for Mesa - for Tempe - for the venues - for the bands - for Scottsdale -  for everyone. But I can't buy all 300 passes myself and give them to you for free. I've worked my ASS off to make this event happen. This takes investment from everyone that is even remotely interested  in it. I would really love more than anything for this to be something that happens every year, and rivals with Vegas, but again.....I can't do it alone. I need you to support it, not just verbally, but financially.

That being said, put your money where your mouth is and go buy some fucking tickets, goddammit - here's ALL the links below. Just remember, if you don't buy tickets for this event, it won't happen again, plus, I don't ever want to see you post on social media that you "support your scene". 

Three day passes  ----->  http://www.ticketfly.com/event/314521-phx-ska-punk-bowling-weekend-scottsdale/

Individual night tickets ----->  http://www.ticketfly.com/search/?q=Ska+Punk+Bowling

Complete band list of all nights/venues ----> http://phxspb.blogspot.com/2013/08/where-is-everyone-playing-at-how-do-i.html


No comments:

Post a Comment