Sunday, October 6, 2013

Big huge thank you to everyone...

...that helped with this event. No matter if you just simply shared a FB status, or pitched in money to sponsor it - I appreciate everyone that (in no order):
bought a ticket, a pass,
helped pass out flyers,
is in one of the bands,
the venues ( a HUGE thank you to them for taking a chance on this event!!!),
the advertisers (KWSS, Gassman/Cindy, love you guys! and AZKaos.com),
Pabst Blue Ribbon,
KUKQ,
AZ Weekly Magazine,
Wyatt,
Chris McKimmons (for keeping me motivated),
Brian Paulson (Seizure Salad Productions - He put me in contact with TBR/Queers tour manager),
Dieter Bravo,
Victoria Cruz (for sharing every status I  put out there),
AMF Tempe Village Lanes and their whole crew,
Kelly Wilson,
Marc McDowell (for driving me around),
all my venue managers,
Rodney Hu(Yucca Tap Room),
Rob (Tempe Tavern),
NANCY FUCKING STEVENS (you rule, lady! THANK YOU for all your help!) at PubRock,
TAG photography,
Patrick (Portraits in the key of punk rock),
my bands, Common Tongue and No Gimmick, for not killing me, 
and finally.....

My wonderful wife Nikki, who put up with me being way overly busy since February of this year.

I'd like to remind you that YOU  made this happen. YOU are the fans/people that gave me a reason to do it. Without people walking through the door, buying drinks, moshing, bleeding, headbanging, and just generally having fun - there is no reason to do it - So if i haven't said it enough, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Be proud of yourselves for making this happen.

This event has been an incredible journey, learning experience, growth period, and a lesson in humility. It's taught me a lot about the music scene here, I've made some GREAT new friends here, and heard some bands I'd never heard.

Its time for a few months off from thinking about this. Time to get back to normal, at least, as normal as possible.

If you have an idea about how this event could be better, send it to phxprb@gmail.com. Use the Subject line "Feedback" so I can filter it.

Also, this event is WAY too big for one person to handle, so to do this next year, I need to create a committee/team of people to make it easier to manage. if you're interested in being part of this process and helping plan this event, I'll schedule a meeting in the spring, and let's see what we can accomplish as a group. Think about it, and we'll reconvene in Spring 2014.

Thanks again everyone. This was really fucking amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment