Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Ch-ch-ch-changes....Good ones though!



Hello all! Hope you have all recovered sufficiently from our first Ska/Punk Bowling weekend! Took me 4 days to finally feel normal again, and I'm not even kidding. It was ALL worth it though.

News to give you:

  • Venues - I'm currently working with a few venues to establish where the 2014 Phx Ska Punk Bowling event will be held. A new plan on paper will solidify all the loose ends from 2013. 
  • New website! Its not launched yet, but www.phxprb.com and www.phxspb.com should be live in the next couple months. Obviously, I'll make the announcement when this is up and running. It will be your ONE-STOP shop for all things involved in this event. passes, tickets, news, band lists, this blog, and merchandise will ALL be available through this site. Pretty rad, huh?
  • New Sponsors - I spent hours yesterday drawing up a 7 page proposal to some major players in extreme sports, a couple major players in the music industry, and some awesome local business as well. The proposal is off to editing/proofreading as we speak. Hoping to generate some BIG buzz over the 2014 event, and get you guys some kickass bands with their donations. 
  • Speaking of bands.....I have a few in mind that will cater to a large audience of all ages/styles. 
  • New logo! I have a couple awesome designers racking their brains for a sweet new logo. 
  • Transportation - If i get the venues I am hoping to get, I should be able to get a big passenger van to cart you to all the places, included in your weekend pass price. More on that after a budget is established and we hear back from sponsors. 
  • Bowling! - We had 8 teams in 2013, and i'm really hoping to double that in 2014. Knowing what I know now, I think we can make bowling cheaper, and more affordable for everyone. If i were you, i'd start assembling a team, and get practicing, or join a league. The MORE teams we get, the better the CASH prizes can be. So think about it. 
  • Dates? - Not determined yet, pending venue availability. I'm still pushing to keep it the first weekend of October. 2 nights or 3? I think we'll try TWO nights. Three nights seems to be wear everyone really bad. If you want three nights, speak up at feedback@phxprb.com, and tell your friends to speak up too. I'll do what you guys want, but if only 6 people want 3 nights, I'm not doing it.
  • The Queers - got a personal email from Joe Queer last week, who told me the show they played here was hands-down the best show of the tour. Their tour manager said the same thing. Applaud yourselves, Phx. 
Umm...i think that's it? Can't think of anything else hugely newsworthy right now. Someone bring me some coffee.

Again, thank you for your continued support of this event. I wouldn't be so motivated to make it better if you guys didn't support it. #biggerbadderbetter in 2014!

~Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment